Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"You got me running & hidin all over town."

Some of the best five days I’ve had off in like, FOREVER!

Friday
I finished work and went to a costume party in Saginaw with the entire gang.
Highlights included:
SpaceGhost put gas in the van.
Kyle puts on a show.
We escape from party with no repercussions.
MD’s mojo.

Returned to The Oak where I was able to begin drinking. It was a rad time.
Highlights included:
Single Barrel Jack
PW’s version of the Walls of Jericho
Karen’s bottle of magic OJ
Melly’s Pancakes
MD’s mojo was still workin
Club P-Dub

Saturday
It started with a hang over. (surprised?) Eventually found some food with Kyle and then gathered things up and traveled to Grand Rapids to see T-Dawg and Little E. Special guest star: YODA!

We went to this place in downtown GR called The BOB. It was great and sophisticated.
Highlights included:
Four cheese macaroni w/chicken! Good god ya’ll, mmmmmm…..
Appletinis
Dancing (pretty much looked as uncoordinated as you can imagine)
Mr. Grinn’s Comedy Club
(T-Dawg told them it was my B-day and I told the comedian I was turning 35. He said he could tell by the receding hair line and pot belly. Then I told him I was single and told the ladies I was available. You could hear a pin drop. It was pretty funny.)
Comedian Ryan Bellville – “I like drinking games. I made this one where every time I feel empty inside I take a drink. ….. I win every time."

Sunday
Little E made a super good, really tasty homemade breakfast. Eggs, bacon, toast, and fried potatoes. Then we played a little tennis. I really need to practice and hit the gym. Fer realizes.

I left T-Dawg and Little E’s and stopped in Lansing and spent the rest of Sunday with Mark-O. We got a pizza and watched the Lions’ games. Holy crap, did they ever lay the wood on Denver.

It was really great being able to spend some time with those guys. I don’t get to see them that often and I’m glad they weren’t busy this weekend. It made me feel euphoric.

Returned to The Oak late Sunday night and it bled into Monday morning.

MD, Kyle and I stayed up listening to music and singing songs. It was super awesome. We made it until PW had to get up for work at 420. MD planned on scarrying him when opened his door but PW got the best of that situation by whipping the door open and yelling “BOO!” in MD’s face. Eventually went to bed after a few games of hockey with Kyle.

Monday
Hung out with Kyle and MD for most of the morning. Kyle and I played some guitar hero. Once PW got home, after helping clean out the shed, he and I went out to conquest the country side. Took a couple pics, one of them is in the Salgat Art Studio. Once back home he played some Halo with Trumpet and I bummed around the web, eventually watching the Ranger/Flyer game in black/white and sitting in a $5 old man chair - classic.

Once MD and Kyle got home, we watched V for Vendetta. Love that movie, just love it. MD tapped out early, he is pretty much a *********. (******** = my inability to find proper adj.)

Tuesday
MD smoked me in a few games of NHL 08, back to the strategy drawing board for this guy. Kyle and I went and had lunch with SA at Jimmy Johns. Lovely food, for an expensive price. Stopped by Target and picked up the new Nonpoint album, Vengeance. It is heavy, almost metal. I do enjoy it, we will see just how much it grows on me.

Trumpet returned to The Oak with a 50 inch DLP – HD – ZJ capable TV!!!!!! AMAZING! Thank you to Trumpet and MD’s parents. Can’t wait for Sunday.

I made it back to APT which was freezing. Jer, Melly, and SA came over. We hugged it out, nice. Watched Chuck, Heroes, ECW, and Rules of Engagement. All very enjoyable.

I’m looking forward to getting back to work. I think my back is cramping from all the sitting around, but it was joyous. Just joyous.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

wow, that sounds like you had a really really nice weekend. that's like a vacation, which is cool, cause I bet you needed it. a guy your age shouldn't work so hard. 35 is getting old to be at work every day.