Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dark Blue October

The following events ARE in the past. By bringing them up I am not trying to open old wounds, so please DO NOT take offense to anything. I am also not saying I did not do anything wrong during these events.

This is a therapeutic writing/blog entry. A way for me to dump some of the trash rolling around in my head during this month of (adj.). I can’t find the right adjective without over/understating what I want to say.

Also, not all of these events are on the same traumatic level, but not happy things for sure.

October 2000 – I see my Uncle Ed for the last time. I was picking Greg up to go see a football game at Western Michigan with Beth, I saw him sitting in his underwear at 6 in the morning on the same counter top I’d seen him sit on for years.

Late that evening we were called and asked to come home because something was wrong. Arriving at Greg’s again we were told my Uncle Ed had died of a heart attack in the late afternoon.

October 2001 – I can’t remember anything tragic here, but would like to note that when I stated I hated this month to Whitney, she pointed out to me that I asked her out on Sweetest Day of this year. So not only bad events have taken place in October.

October 2002 – I currently cannot remember what took place during this month that was tragic, but I’m pretty sure there was something.

October 2003 – I was lied too my face by my two closest friends about something that should have been easy enough to tell the truth about. This was a real wake up call in my second year of college.

October 2004 – Lots of yelling for the entire month. Then drama, more yelling and drama. It came to an end when Marissa and I moved out of the house in Auburn. But that started some of hardest interactions I’ve to deal with as an adult (20) which led to a split in friendships.

Also, another tragic death in the family.

October 2005 – No one specific thing tragic event took place in this month that I could recall, however there was some inner turmoil.

October 2006 – This was a pretty fun time with the Tigers being in the playoffs, however, Daisey, the shit-zu I grew up with passed away. Only a few weeks after that the other shit-zu, Dusti passed away.

October 2007 – change. I get a phone call from my dad this morning and he tells me that Daffney has died. No one called this week to tell me she had been sick. I’ve been pretty busy this week but I should/would of found time. I was closer to her than the other canines, she was my friend and Dad has said many times, she didn’t have many.

So now that you’ve read this, if you find yourself asking questions about these past events please go back and read the disclaimer.

Other greatly unhappy events have and will happen outside the Month of October. And great things have joyful significance this month as well – Dad’s Birthday, Parents Wedding Anniversary.

The thing is, I just get this overwhelming feeling that something unforgettable is going to happen during this month as opposed to any of the other 11.

Only 12 days left.

No comments: