Tuesday, February 20, 2007

10th grade flashback

The song that is above this post has special meaning to me this week. Next Monday I turn 23. Damn that's too old to still be a nobody. Anywhoot, I vividly remember singing this song in my head while walking through the halls my Sophmore year at PHS. I can almost remember what I was wearing.

"I'm 23, on the verge of spontaneous combustion" Really, I'm 23, trying to remember where 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22 have gone. I'm not totally sure what Mr. Boyd meant by the verge of spontaneous combustion. It may mean he was ready to burst on the music scene. It may mean he was angry and on the brink of kickin' some ass. The answer may lie within the next line, "woe is me."

I'm still working on what it means to me, check the poem page this week to see what I came up with.

2 comments:

PolishWonder said...

Now did you get a lil high before or did you reward yourself by getting high?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, imagine how I feel. I'm going to be 27 this year. TWENTY-SEVEN. I often find myself thinking, "Where the fuck has my life gone?". In reality I realize that 27 is not actually THAT old, but it sure as hell feels like I'm aging a lot faster than I would like. What I wouldn't give to go back to when I was 22 or 23 and just stay that age!!