Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kermit's got nothing on this guy!

I'm going green! Today I made a list of everything I had to do and decided it could all be done without the use of my car. So I packed up my D-town Tiger bag, threw on an extra t-shirt, did some warmup jumping jacks and hopped on my new bicyle (feature in Salgat Art Studio).

This is a picture of my list in case you doubted my list making capabilities.

After doing all my running around in the Downtown Midland area, apparently parking tickets are being raised from $7 to $30! flippin serious?!?, I took off to Tim Hortons.

Chicken Wrap, Blueberry Muffin, and Apple Juice only $3.17! Awesome! While I was sitting in Tim Hortons, an older couple sat down at the table next to me and started playing cribbage. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to find out the rules of the game. So, Bob or Roberto as he was occasionally called by Jo, kindly explained how to deal, score points and gave me strategy tips. Bob is a retired science teacher and keeps statistics of all the games he and Jo play. He has stats since 2006! They started playing cribbage during lunch to slow down some old habits he acquired during his 20 minute lunch breaks as a teacher. Jo has read The Shack, a book I was given by mother and we spoke on it briefly. Both of them ate nutty donuts. I'm one step closer to encompassing my nickname Grandpa.

I forded this river which had flooded over the bike trail.

It got a little wet! But I didn't fall and it was pretty fun!



Check out the list now! How ya like that list?!?! BOOMSTICK!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its not that we have ever doubted your list writing capabilities its the exicution of them that is sometimes questioned my friend!!! miss you hun!!!